Monday, April 4, 2011

How I Save Money....and the lessons I've learned (Part 1)

(This is us...the reason I want to save money and be a good steward of the money God has given us....this was a year ago at Easter. At the end of this series, I'll put an updated photo)

I need to get blogging again. This topic and a fresh iPhoto full of sweet photos of my little man are motivation to blog a few times per week. I hope this blog finds you happy, healthy and filled with God's love. Here we go....

I want to share coupon-ing with EVERYONE I know, but some people are really turned off by saving, cutting, organizing and printing coupons. I have some pretty good ideas about saving money, but its awesome when I share it with someone else and their LIFE changes. God has blessed me with the gift of gab--so sharing this topic is not hard for me.

I will preface the post with a few items...
First and foremost, I am a Christian and my views and opinions are to praise and glorify God. He is amazing and done awesome things in my life, but I am a sinner saved by HIS grace. I hope my savings reflections help you spend more time with God and your family. I'm also just a busy woman, mom, professional trying to make sense of this life God has given me.

Second, I started with coupons about three years ago. I am NOT an expert, but have lived the life of a coupon-er who spent too much money. I hope to share the details of those experiences in a series of upcoming blogs.

Another note: I am a SAVER. I save silly things and TONS of them (like the first gum wrapper Jerret, my husband, gave me nearly 11 years ago silly). I am joining couponing/saving with still being helpful for my family (do I REALLY need to spend time getting "FREE" glucose meters at WAGs when I don't know anyone who is diabetic? My answer....no.) So, there is a line for me....saving and sinning (worrying/hording/keeping too much). That struggle of mine will be reflected in what deals to "do" and what deals to leave for others!

And, finally, my family. My family is the most important thing to me (after checking the mail to see what coupons I got! just kidding) and I love sharing my time with family, friends, neighbors and the needy. I don't "entertain" because there are too many rules (HOW clean my home is, how my kiddo acts, what I wear, the furnishings in my home, and how well the food is cooked). I err on the side of Christian HOSPITALITY: sometimes my home will be cleaned, sometimes it won't. Sometimes I will make a great dish....sometimes I won't. Usually, I'm wearing jeans and slippers, and our home is for us, not for others. BUT, with hospitality WILL come love, friendships, grace, mentoring, faith and BLESSINGS.

I pray you are blessed by this blog series. Until tomorrow...

James 1:2-4 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

2 comments:

  1. You've sucked me in with this first post! I want to keep reading!! Am skeptical that I'll start couponing, but really am encouraged by your desire to serve Christ by being a better steward and by serving others. LOVED the part about entertaining vs. hospitality. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I got you Michele! Go ahead and add yourself as a follower!! Coupons can be slowly integrated in your life. No rush to save, because once you do you might not want to shop without coupons!

    ReplyDelete